|Information for patients with allergy and related
in the Southwest
Seasonal Advice, Treatment and Prevention
Allergy Advisor - Seasonal Update WINTER/ SPRING/ SUMMER/ FALL
Limiting Exposure to Allergens in the Home
Prevention of Allergy and Asthma in Children
Treatment of Allergy and Asthma
Skin Testing and Allergy Injection Treatment
Inhalers for Asthma
Spacers for Asthma Inhalers
Inhalers for Rhinitis
Tricks for - children to swallow pills
To teach a child to swallow pills: Nearly all children over the age of 5
years can be taught to swallow pills, even when they are bitter, like prednisone.
1. Have a drink of juice or water and a straw ready
2. Simply place the pill on the tongue in the mid-line, as far back as possible.
3. Immediately have the child take a strong suck on the straw to swallow the pill
with the liquid.
To prevent eyedrops from missing the eye and running down the cheek:
1. Lie down or sit with the head extended over the back of a chair.
2. Face the ceiling directly and pull down the lower lid with a finger below the
3. Hold the bottle vertically above the eye and squeeze out the drop.
Stinging from some antihistamine eyedrops can be reduced by keeping the eyedrops cold in
Disclaimer: This site is for educational purposes
only. Any information that you have found in this web site is not intended to
replace medical care or advice given to you by your own physicians. You should consider
consulting your local medical library and other web sites for additional
Comments and suggestions welcome! Email: email@example.com
Content Owner: Michael J. Schumacher, MB, FRACP, The
University of Arizona